Sep 18, 2015

Up-cycled Bistro Set for the Porch

Some of my favorite things about this house are all the outdoor living spaces. Today I am mostly sharing our front porch, which we really don't use much, but I like our home to look cozy and inviting. Placing a small bistro set outside gives a warm and lived-in feeling when viewing the home from the curb.

I used this old wooden spool as the table and paired it with two outdoor metal chairs from Target. The height is just right. I love mixing materials, the more things don't match the better in my book.
The mature trees in front give privacy to the porch but I think that black door could pop out better among the foliage with a lighter or brighter color. It's an extra tall and wide door with iron designs between the glass so I would like to accentual those features. (one little project at a time!)

Here is a little peek at our back deck. I am in love with the scrub oak trees out here. I repainted this super old white picnic table that I purchased at a yard sale years ago (see it as my desk HERE). Those are more chairs from Target.
And another little sitting area. The wooden chairs are from IKEA and the generic metal table is from Target.
I am excited to host a party here this weekend with my family. The weather is supposed to be beautiful and there is plenty of room outside on the decks for everyone.

Thanks for coming by!
Enjoy Your Weekend!

12 comments :

Katie Mansfield said...

How fun. I love all your outdoor dining areas. It's exciting to see your new house.

Cozy Little House said...

Holly, it's so great to see you back! You sound happy there close to your family. Can't wait to catch up with what's been going on and see your new digs!
Brenda

Rustic Maple Elizabeth said...

Great outdoor spaces, Holly. I need to catch up as I didn't realize you moved.

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

lovely, lovely. Didn't know Ikea had chairs like that! They're wonderful! (BTW - link to your picnic table desk isn't working)

Lynn @The Vintage Nest said...

Hi Holly, I think the front door would be gorgeous painted a fun color to break up all the brown. It's just paint. Can always paint again if you don't like. :) Miss you so much at LD. Things are hopping there. xoxo

Junkchiccottage said...

How fun Holly to have all that beautiful outdoor space. Love that door too. Gorgeous.
Kris

My thrift store addiction said...

Hi Holly, I am returning the visit ;) Outdoor spaces are so fun to design and I love what you have done! Blessings, Cecilia

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Love your bistro set! Looks like a nice place to relax with some hot apple cider! The color of your house is so cool! Looks woodsy, whih I love!

Sally LoveOfHomes said...

It looks beautiful Holly! Congratulations on your new house, I can't wait to see more!

Leslie Harris said...

Holly!! So glad to hear from you ... So you're all settled in your new place? I'm looking forward to hearing--and seeing what you've been up to!

Christine Vandormolen said...

Wonderful Holly, you know I love that spool table...I am checking Craigslist for one. I can;t wait to see more pics of your new house. I love the dark paint color with the natural wood from the spool table in front. Reminds me of the Scandinavian homes!!!! XOXOXOX

Kelly said...

How pretty! It looks like you have a lot of privacy on your property. I love how you used the wooden spool as a table. And I'm in love with the metal bistro chairs! I didn't know Target carried those. Hmmmm...... Those would make great chairs for both inside and out when you have company.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...