Nov 3, 2015

Make Your Foyer Approachable w/ a Bench

Are you ready to move on to Christmas decor from fall? I sure am. Today I purchased this Jolly pillow at Homegoods. The pillow-ey texture and pop of red are just what my foyer needed to make it more welcoming.


We mostly use our garage door for entering our home but the front door is where our guests come in. I like my house to feel comfortable to our visitors from the first step into our foyer.
Come in and stay a while...

Soft textures, a place to drop shoes and a coat make it easy to stay and be comfortable. It helps to say - "we live here - this is no museum".
I put together this simple bench yesterday. At first I didn't think I had room for one but in reality - I had 12 inches in depth plus the length of the railing. The bench ends up being 60 inches long and 11 3/4 inches deep.
If you want a bench for your foyer, make one in a size that is custom fit for your own space. I have a tutorial HERE on how to make a sturdy bench.
Top it with a seasonal pillow and use it. Live there!

Guests are relaxed when a home has a small bit of disarray. Be comfortable in your space and your guests will be too.

With the holidays coming up - it's important to remember that we all have homes that we just live in.

Happy Holiday Decorating!
Join Me
cffnew2

7 comments :

Cozy Little House said...

Cute and festive pillow! We don't have that store here.
Brenda

Vintage Girl 901 said...

I love a bench. I have an old church pew that was at my daddy's church but I sure would like on of your benches. I don't have a handy man around. My husband said, "If you want a bench, take a woodworking class." I just may!

Chloe Crabtree said...

So pretty and so practical. For the first time ever we have a garage that is not attached to our home and we really need to figure out a place to take off shoes and store stuff where we come into the house. I am sharing this over at FB and Twitter and pinning. I would love it if you would stop by and share it at Celebrate it Sunday. The party stays open until Saturday! Happy Fall!

Katie Mansfield said...

You amaze me. I love getting these glimpses of your new house.
Love it.

Burlap Luxe said...

Down to earth and heavenly style here with you and your entry inspiration pillow.
Love the black inspired bench and black stairway rungs.

See you soon.

Xx
Dore

Angie Chavez said...

That pillow is so cute, and does add a festive pop of color in your foyer. I have a small bench in mine - the problem is, we tend to dump things on it, so it's always buried!

NanaDiana said...

I have a bench just inside my front door and I have been thinking about painting it. First, I need to find a new rug for my entry hall though. That is on the "menu" for this next week.

Your bench looks so good there and the pillow is cute. No Christmas here yet though- I am hosting Thanksgiving. xo Diana

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...