Jun 7, 2016

Summer Picnic Time

One of the greatest things about being back in Northern Utah is the weather.  It's cool in the morning and evening so dining outside is beautiful.


I take my coffee on the deck. It's an extension of our living space and sitting here smelling the natural scents of our surroundings is relaxing.
I love that the back yard is private. Our neighbors on either side can see us but there is a hill at the back where a little creek flows with water about 70% of the year. The sound of that is heavenly.
I like having part of the deck covered so I can hang a chandelier. It's another place for me to move furniture around all the time.
However, none of our outdoor furniture is very comfortable for lounging in but it rarely rains so I am thinking about getting some cushioned pieces, like a sofa and snuggle chairs.
The other great thing about this drier climate is there are no bugs. My kids say there are a lot of spiders but they soon forgot how big our spiders were on the East Coast.

So long as I am home or with family & few friends, this place is great.

So much has changed, mostly myself.

Hope you are all enjoying the outdoors where you live.

Hugs,

6 comments :

Christine Vandormolen said...

Wish I could come right over and hang out with you on your gorgeous porch Holly!!! The candle chandelier is perfect for the outdoors!!!!

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

OOoohhh, I can imagine lots of morning coffees and twilight glasses of Wine on that beautiful back porch Holly. It is presently 75* at 7:30 am. Whew!! So the last few days , with tropical storm Colin moving over the State leaving a HOT humid mess in it's wake, outside is viewed from the comfort of my big picture windows :) And yes boys, we have lots of bugs and big, big spiders. Hahahaha
Happy midweek.
Hugs, Gee

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your deck looks like a heavenly space! What a wonderful veiw! I agree with you some snuggly deck furniture would be wonderful....you may never go inside! :)

Kelly said...

What a beautiful outdoor area! I love that you have so many mature trees around you. It really makes for a cozy area. Having a roof over part of your deck is great too. I told my husband I would like that on our next house. We get too much hot sun on our back deck!

Valerie CottageMakingMommy said...

It's beautiful and so you.

Michele Alger said...

I love how inviting your balcony is! I wish I had a covered patio to enjoy these beautiful evenings. How beautiful!! xoxo

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...