Jul 24, 2017

Two Story Family House Tour

Hello - Hope you are all enjoying this Summer weather. I can't stop sweating - my hair is a nightmare but all is well.


(Remember Mazi? She is very, very lazy!)

I started this post a couple of weeks ago and got super distracted every time I sat down to write. I can't remember now what I was going to tell you so I will just show you a pretty house. I am sharing another model house from Biringer Builders here in the Richmond, Virginia area. They have an amazing stylist and I adore all the fun details he/she brings in to show off their homes.
Fun colors and detailed moldings in this house are so pretty. Bold colors can look so amazing but when I try them for my own home I get sick of it so fast.
We are still milling over which floor plan we like best. Where do we want the master bedroom, fireplace, study - etc..
I like lots of natural light so I wonder if this type of kitchen would feel bright enough without a direct window. 
A lot of the new homes right now have huge kitchen islands with the sink in it so when you stand at the sink you look into the great room or family room but I am a little old school and still think I like my kitchen sink to look out a window. What are your thoughts on that?
I love all the windows in this family room and the mantel too.
Master bath?  Yes please!
We were looking at a house plan with the master bedroom on the main level but my kids think it looks like a grandma's house from the outside. Boy, once kids turn 14 the opinions never stop. My husband and I have to leave the apartment and have secret meetings at restaurants to talk about the house plans. That part is pretty fun.
The rustic ceiling looks so great for a study.
This house is gorgeous but it is so big and above our price range - not to mention that it's way, way, way above my ability to keep clean. It's just eye candy for us to get inspired from. There are some rooms missing from this tour but you can view the whole house at THIS LINK.
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day!

10 comments :

Hillsdale Cottage said...

Love the floor plan! I am pretty old school and love a window over the sink too :) I can relate to having young people with an opinion..Haha. We have 4 sons and each of them feels they have the best ideas and plans for the family. My husband and I have to lock ourselves away to have a conversation about pretty much anything! So glad you are back to blogging!!

Katie Mansfield said...

So gorgeous. Try to stay cool.

Monica said...

Beautiful home! Love the kitchen, but I too would rather have the window over the sink. And just an observation: the nook with the built-ins and bench seating looks nice, but unless there's another way to exit the nook at the other end of the table, people would have to literally climb over each other across the benches to get out!! In that respect it isn't very practical for entertaining or for a family with kids.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Don't you LOVE looking at homes and ideas and dreaming and planning? That is half the fun of a new house to me. I, too, like a window over my sink and opted to give up cabinets to have a 'wall of windows' overlooking the bay.

Also, after having a slide-in booth for dining-it's a hot mess..lol I LOVED the look of it but if one person has to get up -the whole side of that table has to move to accommodate letting someone 'out'.

Hope you have a great night and maybe you can sneak off to do some more discussing! lol xo Diana

Monika Bon said...

Fajne wnętrze, a sofy są przepiękne.

reda gamal said...

اليكم اليوم عزيزى العميل افضل شركات التنظيف فى المملكة العربية السعودية وهى شركة ركن الشروق التى تمتاز بالعمالة الفنية ذو الخبرة الكبيرة فى مجال التنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات ونقل العفش الى جميع انحاء المملكة كما ان الشركة لديها خبرة كبيرة من كثرة العمل فى مجال التنظيف فىى المملكة . شركة تنظيف بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات بابها
شركة نقل عفش بابها
شركة مكافحة حشرات بابها
شركة تنظيف بالطائف
شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض


Denise said...

Too big.

reda gamal said...

اليكم اليوم عزيزى العميل افضل شركات التنظيف فى المملكة العربية السعودية وهى شركة ركن الشروق التى تمتاز بالعمالة الفنية ذو الخبرة الكبيرة فى مجال التنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات ونقل العفش الى جميع انحاء المملكة كما ان الشركة لديها خبرة كبيرة من كثرة العمل فى مجال التنظيف فىى المملكة . شركة تنظيف بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات بابها
شركة نقل عفش بابها
شركة مكافحة حشرات بابها
شركة تنظيف بالطائف
شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض


Chasity at Blue Cottage Farmhouse said...

Hi Holly! I just stumbled across your blog and I am loving it! We have similar styles I believe. I agree about the sinks being at the window.. I do not have a dishwasher so I have to hand wash all of my dishes. Having a window to look out really helps me from going totally crazy! I read your "About Me" section and I am also a beginner in photography and not very comfortable with my writing. I love to DIY and decorate as well! I think it is awesome that you have your own business decorating! I would love it if you have a moment to check out my blog. I am clicking the "follow button" right now!

-- Chasity @ Blue Cottage Farmhouse

Muhammad Makram Othman said...

it's amazing and wonderful topic, really , i have many information within this lines, you should write again and give us some advice in addition i want to read more about me from my site:http://www.nouralimran.com/

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...